22.2.10

DSquared goes for Gold

Last week Dean and Dan made a special appearance at Vancouver's Holt Renfrew to introduce their Olympic themed hoodie. You cannot help but feel pride for these two designers who have established so much international success and recognition within the Fashion Industry over the years, while consistently staying true to their Canadian routes embodied throughout their designs. They make Canada "cool" epitomizing the best of Canadian stereotypes, history, "outdoor" recreation and so forth. Although it was a pleasure to see them in person, there was an artificial opportunity to meet them, but I didnt bother... it just didnt feel like it was my time. I look forward to perhaps future opportunities in my career where I may meet them naturally, rather then staged events.

ET Canada
the hoodie
Fashion Televisions Jeanne Beker

No comments: