18.10.09

Madame Coco



since the beginning I've admired those with the ability to express themselves in the utmost creative ways. Explore all avenues and open all doors to possibility. In the midst of my own endeavors, I find no boundaries but the choice to design with the hint restraint. And, at times when I find myself in a corner or unable to see through the window, it's not until I step back and reflect that infinite possibilities occur.

The discipline of those legendary individuals who paved the way, creating milestones in history, encourages our ability to draw outside the lines, find new solutions and step outside the box.

I felt it was only appropriate to begin this blog with one of my greatest sources of inspiration. The painting above of dear Mademoiselle Coco Chanel was taken during my travels to Paris 2008, as I discovered her at Le Orangie Musei.

and since the beginning I have found myself drawn to her strength, courage, determination and creative ability to design with restraint while breaking the molds of societal norms.

as this adventure continues to develop, you may notice my reference to Coco from time to time.

until then, happy blogging!

No comments: