29.10.09

an ode to Freja Beha Erichsen

Ok, from the moment I saw Freja Beha Erichsen walk the runways of Erin Wasson's x RVCA F/W 2009 Collection I had that instinctual feeling. The one I usually get when I know deep down that I am on the verge of discovering what is freaking-tastic. I can't explain it, but its a feeling. And, that feeling hit me like bricks when I saw Freja.

What is it about her exactly? Let's examine,

EXHIBIT A:



  • The 70's shag sensation she is rocking with the layers, echoing a Bob Dylan reference in time
  • The loose bangs
  • Her fierce attitude
  • Chiseled features

EXHIBIT B:


And then there was Chanel's F/W 2009 Spectacular Spectacular! Needless to say, that will have its own post soon enough. However lets take a moment to reflect on the superb workmanship between Freja Beha and Baptiste Giabiconi on the runway.
  • Unisex styling... has never looked so chic! At a single glance you forget they are both wearing the same pieces. Yet a pale tweed blazer on a man? Yes! Yes! Yes! *a cry to all men* take note!
  • Everything about these four images work harmoniously well together and looks equally exquisite on them both
  • Their swept back slicked hair, "tomboy" elegance and walk of unison evokes equality, unity and strength.

Pretty much I am head over heels for this combination. Words don't do justice, but let these photos tell you everything.





No comments: